Everyone should know that automatic soldering machines are one of the common equipments in modern society. Many people certainly have some understanding of the equipment for automatic soldering machines, which greatly improves the efficiency of welding and saves the manpower needed for welding. The cost, and to a large extent, meets the requirements for product welding, creating greater benefits for the company. What are the standard requirements for solder joint quality?
1. False weld, false weld and missed weld: When the false weld is made, it means that the solder and the solder metal are separated by the oxide layer or the nonvolatiles and dirt of the solder. They are not actually welded together. In the case of dummy soldering, the solder is simply attached to the surface of the metal to be welded and no metal alloy is formed.
2, solder joints should not have burrs, trachoma and air bag, burr tip discharge occurs.
3, solder joints to be appropriate, too much solder, solder joints easily lead to contact or cover up the welding defects, too little solder, not only the mechanical strength is reduced, but also because the surface oxidation gradually deepens over time, easily lead to solder joint failure.
4, solder joints should have sufficient strength, should increase the welding area.
5, the solder joint surface should be smooth, good solder joints have a special light color and good color, there should be no uneven and corrugated and uneven gloss phenomenon.
6. The lead head must be enclosed inside the solder joint. If the wire end is exposed in the air, it is easy to oxidize and erode inside the solder joint, which affects the quality of welding and causes hidden troubles.
7. The surface of the solder joint should be cleaned. The residual flux of the flux will contaminate the debris and absorb moisture. Therefore, the solder joint must be cleaned after soldering. If non-corrosive flux is used, the solder joint is not required to be high or it may not be cleaned.
8. When the circuit board is blown with a hot air gun, it is necessary to remove the key film or other parts that are easily damaged by heat (to prevent the parts from being heated and deformed). Insulation plates should be placed under the circuit board to prevent the hot air gun from blowing the anti-static desk mat.
9, when disassembling or welding components to use copper pieces to the thermal insulation of the surrounding components to prevent damage due to heat transfer around the components;
10. When using a hot air gun to remove or weld the components, if there is a backup battery, the backup battery should be removed first to prevent the backup battery from exploding due to overheating; (And the removed spare battery's two pins cannot be short-circuited)
11. The continuous operation time of the hot air gun should not be too long. After use, the hot air gun should be turned to cold wind, and the power can be turned off only after the internal heat is distributed.
12. The amount of air from the hot air gun is properly controlled to prevent blowing of small patch components due to excessive air volume.
The above is a description of what the standard requirements for solder joint quality are. I believe that we all have a certain understanding of automatic soldering machines. Automatic soldering machine welding standards can be customized according to the requirements of our products, and then the soldering is qualified. The efficiency is relatively high, and we hope that our customers can pay attention.